Kurt Bassuener is a vice president of marketing for Mike Wieck Sales Inc., and he has served on the ATA Board of Directors since April 2007.
Kurt is a Wisconsin native, and grew up in a household that revolved around hunting, fishing and trapping. His love for archery, bowhunting and outdoor recreation led him to pursue a degree in marketing. In 1989 he started his career in the industry as a manufacturers sales rep for a rep agency in Michigan.
Kurt moved to Missouri 18 years ago to join Mike Wieck Sales Inc., one of the oldest rep agencies in the archery industry. As its VP of marketing, Kurt oversees several national accounts while also servicing independent retailers in Missouri. In that role he also keeps a close eye on market and product trends, and assists manufacturers with their marketing and product-development efforts.
He is especially interested in recruiting and retaining new archers and bowhunters, and increasing participation in the ATA Trade Show. He chairs the Board's trade show committee.
- New P&Y President: We Must Work with the Archery Industry
- What Does Fried Chicken Have In Common with Trade Show Scams?
- Archery Could Use a Little Less Insider Critique, A Little More Empathy
- ATA Gets Behind NDA with $100,000 Pledge
- 2015 ATA Exhibitor Kit: Online Now!
- ATA Board Meets, Makes 11 Important Decisions
Did You Know?
The ATA is working to double the number of Explore Bowhunting programs offered in Virginia.