Kurt Bassuener is a vice president of marketing for Mike Wieck Sales Inc., and he has served on the ATA Board of Directors since April 2007.
Kurt is a Wisconsin native, and grew up in a household that revolved around hunting, fishing and trapping. His love for archery, bowhunting and outdoor recreation led him to pursue a degree in marketing. In 1989 he started his career in the industry as a manufacturers sales rep for a rep agency in Michigan.
Kurt moved to Missouri 18 years ago to join Mike Wieck Sales Inc., one of the oldest rep agencies in the archery industry. As its VP of marketing, Kurt oversees several national accounts while also servicing independent retailers in Missouri. In that role he also keeps a close eye on market and product trends, and assists manufacturers with their marketing and product-development efforts.
He is especially interested in recruiting and retaining new archers and bowhunters, and increasing participation in the ATA Trade Show. He chairs the Board's trade show committee.
- Shops! Share It: Bowfishing Content to Kick Off Summer
- Show What You Know: Present an ATA Show Seminar
- NDA Hosts 2015 North American Deer Summit
- One Archery Shop Gets Creative with Mother’s Day
- Bear Archery Summons Ghosts, Legends, Hearts and Families
- ATA Members Support USA Archery, Increase Participation
Did You Know?
Explore Bowhunting can be found in every public middle and high school in Mecklenburg County, Va., thanks to approval from the county’s school board.