Kurt Bassuener is a vice president of marketing for Mike Wieck Sales Inc., and he has served on the ATA Board of Directors since April 2007.
Kurt is a Wisconsin native, and grew up in a household that revolved around hunting, fishing and trapping. His love for archery, bowhunting and outdoor recreation led him to pursue a degree in marketing. In 1989 he started his career in the industry as a manufacturers sales rep for a rep agency in Michigan.
Kurt moved to Missouri 18 years ago to join Mike Wieck Sales Inc., one of the oldest rep agencies in the archery industry. As its VP of marketing, Kurt oversees several national accounts while also servicing independent retailers in Missouri. In that role he also keeps a close eye on market and product trends, and assists manufacturers with their marketing and product-development efforts.
He is especially interested in recruiting and retaining new archers and bowhunters, and increasing participation in the ATA Trade Show. He chairs the Board's trade show committee.
- Archery 360 Can Improve Your Business
- Birthday Parties or Not So Much?
- A Professional Hunter in Africa: What’s That Gig Like?
- New P&Y President: We Must Work with the Archery Industry
- What Does Fried Chicken Have In Common with Trade Show Scams?
- Archery Could Use a Little Less Insider Critique, A Little More Empathy
Did You Know?
In late June and early July of 2012, a five-day Explore Bowhunting Camp was conducted at each of the state’s five ranges.