Kurt Bassuener is a vice president of marketing for Mike Wieck Sales Inc., and he has served on the ATA Board of Directors since April 2007.
Kurt is a Wisconsin native, and grew up in a household that revolved around hunting, fishing and trapping. His love for archery, bowhunting and outdoor recreation led him to pursue a degree in marketing. In 1989 he started his career in the industry as a manufacturers sales rep for a rep agency in Michigan.
Kurt moved to Missouri 18 years ago to join Mike Wieck Sales Inc., one of the oldest rep agencies in the archery industry. As its VP of marketing, Kurt oversees several national accounts while also servicing independent retailers in Missouri. In that role he also keeps a close eye on market and product trends, and assists manufacturers with their marketing and product-development efforts.
He is especially interested in recruiting and retaining new archers and bowhunters, and increasing participation in the ATA Trade Show. He chairs the Board's trade show committee.
- Booth Selection for ATA Trade Show Begins in April
- ATA’s CEO Says Future is Bright for Archery, Bowhunting
- Three Reasons to Stock The White’s Tale Board Game
- 2 Incumbents, 2 Newcomers Elected to ATA Board
- Trade Show Scammers Stopped, Banned from Online Directory Business
- McAninch Talks Archery on SiriusXM Radio
Did You Know?
More than 170 Kentucky teachers were introduced to Explore Bowhunting in 2012.