Todd Vaaler, director of operations for Gateway Feathers in Douglas, Ariz., is the third generation of the Vaaler family to work for Gateway, which was launched in 1956 at La Crosse, Wis., by Todd's grandfather Orval, and continued with Todd's father, Richard.
Todd previously served two terms on the ATA Board, 2002-2005 and 2005-2008. He was reappointed to the Board in March 2010 to serve out the remaining term of Pete Shepley, president of Precision Shooting Equipment, who vacated the seat in early 2010. Todd's term expires March 31, 2015.
Todd joined Gateway after working for Northwest Airlines from 1989 to 1994. He worked as Gateway's production manager from 1994 to 1998, and then became its sales and marketing manager from 1998 to 2001. He has been director of operations since 2001. He moved half the business from Wisconsin to Arizona in 1994 and brought the rest of it there in 1998.
Todd graduated from Winona State University in Minnesota in 1989. He is married and has two children. He is a lifelong archer and bowhunter, and also coaches youth basketball and stays involved in his children's activities.
- New Research: Urban Bowhunts Control Deer, Reduce Lyme Disease
- Is QB Cam Newton Listening To a Podcast? Data Suggest It’s Quite Possible.
- Your Essential ‘Hunger Games’ Cheat Sheet
- Exhibitors: Improve Show Marketing With Big Buck Tags
- Kinsey’s Parker Elected to ATA Board
- ATA Earns Partnership Award from Oklahoma DFW
Did You Know?
4-H Clubs in Indiana are using Explore Bowhunting.