Sponsorships: The Old New Way to Advertise
The ATA Trade Show exhibitors have generated a surge in sponsorship revenues the past few years. A recent blog, posted by Dave Lutz of Velvet Chainsaw consulting, reveals a transition and renewed emphasis on sponsorships among U.S. exhibitors participating in trade shows and similar events. Lutz specializes in business improvement in the convention-and-meetings industry. Currently, 85 percent of trade-show revenue — not limited to the ATA Show, but ALL U.S. trade shows — comes from space sold. The other 15 percent is generated through sponsorships and advertising. And, Lutz writes, that 15 percent is growing and representing more and more of overall event revenue.
*Based on writings from Dave Lutz, Velvet Chainsaw Consulting.
Look For It!
With this week’s release of the 2012 sponsorship brochure, Archery Business will feature an ATA column in its next issue that asks larger questions about the viability of sponsorship opportunities and investment. Get answers to questions like these: What is the strategic value of the investment? How does mainstream America view sponsorships and/or product placement? And how can you apply this information to your company, and the archery and bowhunting industry?
For more sponsorship information, contact Kurt Weber, ATA director of marketing at (717) 858-2451 or by e-mail at
Did You Know?
Sales from the archery industry in 1952 were estimated to be $20 million. In 2007, the industry generated more than $535 million in estimated sales.