You Can Make A Difference
Your involvement in the ATA has never been more important. With many challenges facing manufacturers and retailers alike, we’re at a critical point as an industry. If you want to help shape our direction, please consider the ATA Board of Directors. Your expertise can help influence the ATA Trade Show, how we invest in bowhunting and archery programs, and how we collaborate with state and federal government agencies and officials.
Volunteering Is Easy
- Qualifications. All companies that are regular members can nominate their CEO or someone on their leadership team for election to the ATA Board of Directors. Although individuals are elected to the Board, individual companies are the Board member, and each company gets one vote. Individuals elected to the Board act on behalf of their company, and companies can have more than one employee participate in ATA activities. In addition, if an elected individual leaves a company, the company retains the Board seat and can name a new representative to serve out the term.
- The Election. This election fills three positions. The ATA conducts the election by mail, and the election ends March 1, 2018.
- The Board of Directors. The ATA Board of Directors consists of 20 members – 12 elected regular members and eight appointed members: Three independent retailers, two multichannel retailers, two retailers representing buying groups, and one sales representative.
- Terms and Obligations. Terms are 4 years in length, and directors pay the expenses associated with their service, which generally involves attending two Board meetings and a meeting at the ATA Trade Show. You or your organization’s designee can also attend committee meetings by phone or in person. Participation levels vary by committee. Some are short-term, and some are standing responsibilities that continue indefinitely. Directors elected serve from April 1, 2018, through March 31, 2022.
- Submit their name, contact information, and regular member company affiliation.
- Agree in writing to stand for election.
- Fill out a board election biographical form and submit by Dec. 31, 2017. Click here to download the form.
- Send materials by e-mail, fax or mail using the contact information below.
Materials may be sent via:
Fax: (507) 233-8140
Mail: Archery Trade Association, PO Box 70, New Ulm, MN 56073-0070
Click here to review the election schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kelly Kelly at (866) 266-2776 Ext. 101 or email@example.com.