You Can Make A Difference
If you have ideas about what the ATA should do, then you need to join the ATA Board of Directors. You can directly impact the ATA Trade Show, strategies used by ATA to invest in archery programs and facilities, efforts to maintain and protect bowhunting and ongoing work with state and federal government officials and agencies.
Volunteering Is Easy
- Qualifications. All companies that are regular members may nominate their CEO or someone on their leadership team for election to the ATA Board of Directors. Although individuals are elected to the Board, individual companies are the Board member and each company gets one vote. The individual elected to the Board acts on behalf of their company and companies may have more than one employee participate in ATA activities. In addition, if an elected individual leaves a company, then the company retains the Board seat and can name a new representative to serve out the term.
- The Election. This election will fill three positions. Election is conducted by mail and the election ends on March 1, 2015.
- The Board of Directors. The ATA Board of Directors is made up of 12 elected regular members and 6 appointed members: 3 independent retailers, 2 mutichannel retailers and 1 sales representative.
- Terms and Obligations. Terms are 4 years in length and Directors pay the expenses associated with their service, which generally involves attending Board meetings in April and June as well as a meeting at the ATA Trade Show. Directors elected will serve from April 1, 2015 and serve through March 31, 2019.
- Submit their Name, Regular Member Company Affiliation and Contact Information.
- Agree in writing to stand for election.
- Download and complete the board election biographical form and submit by December 31, 2014.
Materials can be sent via:
Fax: (507) 233-8140
Mail: Archery Trade Association, PO Box 70, New Ulm, MN 56073-0070
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kelly Kelly at (866) 266-2776 x 6 or email her at email@example.com.
Did You Know?
The Archery Shooters Association (ASA) 3-D state tournament featured a scholastic event in London. Forty-two NASP students participated in the event.