You Can Make A Difference
If you have ideas about what the ATA should do for the industry, and the future of archery and bowhunting, then you should join the ATA Board of Directors. You can have a direct impact on the ATA Trade Show, strategies for ATA investments in archery programs and facilities, ATA efforts to maintain and protect bowhunting, and ongoing ATA work with state and federal government officials and agencies.
Volunteering Is Easy
- Composition. The ATA Board of Directors consists of 12 elected regular members and six appointed members: three independent retailers, two multichannel retailers and one sales representative
- Qualifications. All companies that are regular members can nominate their CEO or someone on their leadership team for election to the ATA Board of Directors. Although individuals are elected to the Board, they represent individual companies and each company gets one vote. The individual elected to the Board acts on behalf of their company, and companies can have more than one employee participate in ATA activities. In addition, if an elected individual leaves the company, that company retains the Board seat and can name a representative to serve out the term.
- The Election. This election fills three positions. It is conducted by mail, and ends on March 1, 2017.
- Terms and Obligations. Terms last 4 years, and directors pay the expenses associated with their service, which generally involves attending two Board meetings as well as a meeting at the ATA Trade Show. Directors elected will serve from April 1, 2017, through March 31, 2021.
- Submit their name, regular member company affiliation and contact information.
- Agree in writing to stand for election.
- Download and complete the board election biographical form and submit by December 31, 2016. Click here to download the form.
Materials may be sent via:
Fax: (507) 233-8140
Mail: Archery Trade Association, PO Box 70, New Ulm, MN 56073-0070
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kelly Kelly at (866) 266-2776 x 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.