Kurt Bassuener is a vice president of marketing for Mike Wieck Sales Inc., and he has served on the ATA Board of Directors since April 2007.
Kurt is a Wisconsin native, and grew up in a household that revolved around hunting, fishing and trapping. His love for archery, bowhunting and outdoor recreation led him to pursue a degree in marketing. In 1989 he started his career in the industry as a manufacturers sales rep for a rep agency in Michigan.
Kurt moved to Missouri 18 years ago to join Mike Wieck Sales Inc., one of the oldest rep agencies in the archery industry. As its VP of marketing, Kurt oversees several national accounts while also servicing independent retailers in Missouri. In that role he also keeps a close eye on market and product trends, and assists manufacturers with their marketing and product-development efforts.
He is especially interested in recruiting and retaining new archers and bowhunters, and increasing participation in the ATA Trade Show. He chairs the Board's trade show committee.
- 2016 ATA Trade Show Hotel Alert: Exercise Caution When Making Hotel Arrangements!
- Connecticut Opens Sundays to Bowhunting
- Compound Bows No. 1 with Both Genders
- 2016 ATA Trade Show Registration and Hotel Block Now Open!
- Do Community Archery Ranges Hurt Your Shop?
- 5 Reasons to Become a Certified Archery Instructor
Did You Know?
More than 100 NASP students participated in an event at the National Field Archery Association state tournament.