Press registration for the 2018 ATA Trade Show opens in September.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications for press badges are subject to ATA approval. On-site press registration requests will not be granted this year. You must pre-register for all press badges. Requests made at the Show will be denied.
Please review the Press Guidelines provided in the sections below before registering.
Badge Type for ALL Groups Below is "Press." (Badges are non-transferable)
For individuals covering the show for print or Web editions of print publications.
Allows access to the show floor with permission to carry and use still-photo equipment. It is the photographer's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases.
Radio & Television
For videographers, video crews, audio crews and others covering the show for television or radio. This category DOES NOT include video crews producing footage for DVDs packaged for sales and promotional purposes. Allows access to the show floor. The use of video/film or sound recording equipment is permitted. It is the broadcaster's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases. Allows access to the show floor with permission to carry and use still-photo equipment. It is the photographer's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases.
Bloggers and those generating podcasts covering the ATA Trade Show, its participants, products or Show events. This group also includes videographers collecting footage for streaming video/audio or video/audio accessed online via Web sites, online publications or social media platforms. Allows access to the show floor with permission to carry and use still-photo equipment. It is the photographer's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases.
About Press Verification
Anyone registering for a press badge must attend the ATA Trade Show to cover the event as a journalist through print, film, radio or digital media. Any media person or anyone associated with a media group who is attending the Show to garner sponsorships, partnerships or to sell ad space, must register for a Media Sales badge.
Press cannot solicit exhibitors. Those press personnel soliciting exhibitors will be banned from the ATA Trade Show. All press registering to attend the Show must be verified as a working journalist by providing digital samples of media clips (writing, video, audio, online publications, etc.) or by providing documentation such as a press card.
Unauthorized filming/taping of exhibits, other than those exhibits for which written permission has been granted, will result in the revocation of all press credentials. Video crews may be escorted by ATA staff to and from their interview locations on the show floor.
Valid Press Documentation
One of the following criteria must be met to qualify for a Press badge at the 2018 ATA Trade Show:
- Copy of current individual membership card or proof of membership of an approved outdoor writers' or outdoor communicators' association.
- Copy of valid press pass issued by an approved news organization.
- Copy of the most recent issue of an archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor publication that lists your name in an editorial position on the masthead.
- Copy of or a direct URL link to a by-lined story published during the last 12 months that indicates you are a staff writer, reporter or regular contributor to an archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor publication.
- A web publication must be a previously established, independent site that is updated at least biweekly (every other week) with original news. This news must be archery or bowhunting-related. The site must have a proven track record of covering the archery and/or bowhunting industry.
- Bloggers/podcasts must provide proof of blog traffic.
- Provide an original letter of assignment:
- From an editor, publisher or producer of a recognized archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor publication or media group which states you have been assigned to cover the ATA Trade Show.
- From a current ATA-member organization that is exhibiting at the upcoming ATA Trade Show, granting permission to shoot video of products or conduct interviews with that exhibitor. (Letter of assignment must be from the primary contact, trade show contact or marketing manager listed on record with the ATA).
- Any journalist representing a media outlet that is not within the archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor industry must receive special approval from the ATA’s senior director of communications and administration.
Trade Show Media Coverage and Assets
Individuals with an official press badge are permitted to use cameras or image capturing devices on the show floor to photograph or film. ATA reserves the sole right to use any photographs, blogs, writing, Web copy, video tape, depictions, graphics, rendering, recordings, electronic images or publicity material received by or obtained by press attending the Event, for whatever use deemed proper by ATA. ATA retains the exclusive right to include photographic, video and other visual portrayals of attendees, any Exhibitors and any Exhibit Space, in any pictorial medium of any nature whatsoever for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity and otherwise, without compensation to the Exhibitor, and all rights will be ATA's sole property, free of any claims of the Exhibitor or Event press or any persons deriving any rights or interest from the Exhibitor.